Enjoy a cycling trip with a difference away from the tourist town of Hoi An with accommodation provided in an authentic homestay. Perfect for cyclists and those interested in the culture of the region. Experience rural life with the help of our fantastic guides who are handy links between you and the locals in the villages.
- Cycle to My Son holyland through stunning villages and rice fields to reach your home stay.
- Meeting incredibly friendly people along the way
- Sampling local food – generally the most enjoyable thing on our cycling trip!
- Visiting My Son holy land which was built between the 4th and 15th century.
Who suits to this activity
- Cycling lovers who are able to cycle 40km – 55km a day.
- Those who love to embrace and take part in local activities
- Those willing to travel to remote areas for an incredible, unique experience
What kind of bike we use
- For long distance of 45km, we are offering choice of mountain bike and city bike. Most of our cycling route are flat and quiet. But there is a couple of km is a little hill with 7% gradient.
Staying in Da Nang? No worry, we can arrange our tour “Backroaded Cycle to My Son” from Da Nang. We pick up and finish from your hotel in Da Nang.
We also can arrange private transfer for your need during your travel in Hoi An. Please visit our sister business: Hoi An Transfer Services for further information. Please mention Hoi An Cycling for your best deal of your transfers.
Day 1 - Hoi An - My Son temples - Home stay (Lunch/dinner) - Cycling distance: 55km
Start your Hoi An bike tour at about 8.00am after our guide meet up you at your hotel in Hoi An. we will cycle through the lush green of rice fields and beautiful small villages. On our cycle to My Son holyland, you can meet friendly local people working in their fields. Their smiles are one of the main reasons most travellers love Vietnam!
We will take a break at a local café and drink water and tasty Vietnamese cafe sue da (ice coffee with condensed milk) – this is a favorite drink to provide extra energy for more cycling. We arrive at the local family’s house, check in to the home stay, take a rest or walk around the village. Lunch will be wherever we get to depending on how fast you cycle!
In the afternoon, we will take a short cycle to My Son holyland to visit its famous temples and learn about the history of this ancient religious site and enjoy walking around this beautiful place. you can also take a swim in the lake nearby to cool down while the family is preparing for your tasty.
Day 2 - Homestay - Cam Kim island - Hoi An (Breakfast / Lunch) - Cycling distance: 40km
Breakfast will be prepared by the family and you will have a chance for a last chat with our friendly hosts before our return cycling trip. Today we will spend time visiting families on Cam Kim Island and take part in some local handicraft activities such as making noodles, rice whisky and weaving sleeping mats.
Finally, we will cycle back to Hoi An via the less travelled roads through villages and rice fields. The tour ends at about 2pm.