Bites by Bike is a Hoi An food tour, giving you a proper introduction to the cuisine in Hoi An. With over 600 restaurants, cafes and street stalls, the amount of choice can be daunting, and a person new to the region may wonder where to go or what is safe to eat. In addition, many dishes that Hoi An is famous for don’t even appear on typical menus and can be difficult to find.
On this tour we take you to the hidden places, allowing you to get under the skin of this culinary hotspot to sample the true delights of this city. We’ve researched places that not only are famous for the cuisine they produce, but are safe for Westerners to eat at.
A true local perspective is what you’ll get on this Hoi An food tour – conducted by a knowledgeable local guide. You’ll have a chance to meet some of the people behind Hoi An’s cuisine, ask questions , take photographs, learn about the origins of each dish, the significance of local names, methods for preparation, and of course taste, taste, taste!
- Enjoying the beautiful scenery of rural island around Hoi An.
- Smell, see, taste amazing food of Hoi An and know its stories
- Tra Que village where farmers farm organic vegetables
- 10km ride through villages and rice fields this tour is suitable to all cycling experienced levels
- This tour is suitable for family who travel with kids. Kids are half price on their parent’s bike!
- This tour is suitable to travelers who love to discover the real taste of Hoi An.
Staying in Da Nang? no worry, we can arrange a transfer from Da Nang for our trip still with little extra charge.
- Between 1- 3 peopld, we provide 4 seat car pick up / drop off: 15usd each way.
- Between 4 – 8 people, we provide a mini van pickup/dropoff: 22usd each way.
- More than 8 people, we provide a coach pick up/dropoff: 35usd each way.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Guests will be picked up at their hotel from 3pm onward for a 3.30pm start.
We'll take you our bike shop to get outfitted, and then we're on our way!
At our first stop, Phin Espresso and Drip, we will learn about the long history of coffee in Vietnam, and local people's preferred tastes in this beverage. You can enjoy one of the local's preferred brews, Phin or Cafe Suda and learn its preparation.
Our next few stops will be taking in central Hoi An, to some out-of-the-way eateries popular with locals, and on certain days of the week, pass by the market that all the locals shop at. We'll learn the history of some of these dishes, meet the locals responsible for their creation, and eat as they do, using utensils in a way that may surprise...
We then take advantage of our bikes, and ride for about 5km through rice fields , passing Japanese tombs, some of the few remaining buildings from their time in Hoi An. The Japanese were major contributors to Hoi An's famous cuisine.
After that, it's time for more bites at the Tra Que village, where farmers grow organic vegetables. Surrounded by fields tended by locals using traditional farming methods, we'll try a delicious local snack that is as delightfully simple as is it sophisticated.
We bike back into town for some of Hoi An's signature dishes, one at a restaurant so famous for the dish, it carries its name in the title, and another staple of street food with colonial ties that is taking the world by storm.
Our culinary cycling at an end, we head back to the bike shop for transfer back to your hotel.